- They come unsolicited.
- They do not come at predictable cycles so that consumers can watch for checks in the mail and take action if the check does not arrive.
- They do not require activation.
- They give consumers no opportunity to opt-out of receiving the checks as with pre-approved credit card offers.
- They include information necessary to not only cash a single check but, when combined with their personal information, to establish still other accounts in the victim's name.
100,000,000,000 pieces of mail account for 30% of all the mail delivered in the U.S. each year.3
The Do Not Call Registry has put a stop to telemarketing, a Do Not Mail Registry desperately needs to be created:
- In the Zogby International poll, 93% of respondents were aware of the Do Not Call Registry and 89% of them supported a Do Not Mail Registry to make it easier to opt out of unsolicited ad mail.4
- For more information on the Do Not Mail Campaign, please visit http://forestethics.org and sign the petition.